The Living Lab Bus project offers development, testing and demonstration opportunities utilizing the fleet of Living Lab Buses operated by the Helsinki Region Transport (HSL) and equipped with LLB on-board setup:
- makes buses as moving sensor platforms providing an extensive selection of real-time and accumulated history data,
- provides edge computing capabilities (with on-board computer) for controlling data collection and enabling its pre-processing, as well as
- allows means for provision of services and content to passengers and other stakeholders in buses utilizing on-board computing power, public displays and mobile landing page.
See further information about buses, their on-board setups and available open data here.
The Living Lab Bus project offers several ways to exploit its offering (see figure below):
- Developer Portal: service developers to access and use extensive real-time and logged data from a fleet of operational buses
- Testing Hardware: technology developers to test their solutions (e.g. sensors) in a real-life environment
- Demonstrating Services: service providers to present their solutions (e.g. passenger infotainment) and collect feedback from real users